Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I should be asleep right now...


A few of your asked about my classes so I thought I would share.

I am in a work/learn program at and for six months I work full time for a company, and then for six more months I take classes. This cycle continues for three consecutive years. My first and last year are like a regular college student. This program takes longer than a more traditional one, but I love that I get to test out jobs with a known deadline instead of graduating now, being unsure, taking whatever job offer I can find, and hating it forever.

I am working towards my business degree with a double concentration in Management Information System and Finance. My life dilemma is that I love fashion to the point that it should probably be a part of my future career. When I was little I would make my own magazines by cutting out my favorite clips from multiple magazines and glue then into notebooks, like I was Editor-In-Chief. I am sure this will all come together over time.

Side note: Can we please appreciate that I literally have nowhere to be until 3:20 PM and it is 7:00 AM and I cannot fall back asleep!! Oh the weird mix of college life and real life...

Shopping note: VS took $81 from me again! I bought three bathing suit tops but one is back ordered so actually I only am getting charged for two now and one later :-)
I also bought an aborable J.Crew dress that is kind of long, but I can make it work!

Working out note: I got into the exclusive Lean Legs class at Life In Synergy FINALLY. I knew I wouldn't be able to participate much the day after my run, but I had to go and see what all the fuss is about! To give you an idea of how sought after this class is... the next available one if you wanted to sign up today is September 28th. Not Kidding. So to summarize the class, I would say "Lift and Lower". Lift and lower your legs to the front, back, side while standing, kneeling, sitting, laying down...

Ok I am off to clean my apartment because it is now 7:30 AM and I still have nothing to do!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are a very busy lady! Hope you were able to get some more sleep. I hate it when I can't fall back asleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you luck in your pursuit for your dream job! I'm a nonsleeper as well! Uh, it's not fun. I always want to pull out an exercise DVD, but then I realize that my neighbors below might not appreciate hearing me jump around to Jillian Michaels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friends all did that when we were in college. I went to Simmons, and they were either at Wentworth or Northeastern! I always worked....and they always had time off! I am jealous!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I read these comments daily. Thank you for sharing :-)