Sunday, June 28, 2009

My First Run!



Thanks everyone who commented on my freaking out post trying to make me feel better :-)

My family finally made it to Greece nice and safe. They flew into London on Sat, had a 9 hour layover, and then flew to Athens on Sunday (today). It has been a very stressful weekend, but I got to let out some anxiety with my very first official run!

At 9 AM today, I ran 7.5 Miles in the New Charles River Run. It was SO MUCH FUN! I had been training so I wasn't out of breath or in pain which made it so enjoyable!

The weather was 60s and overcast which ended up being perfect running weather! I did drink a little vodka and cranberry jucie last night and didn't drink water (Fail) so I got calf cramp while running but it would go in and out and I ignored it. I felt so good during the run I am kind of excited to see my time whenever they post it. I am so it wasn't very fast at all, but my goal was to finish and I did! :-)

The next thing I want to try: Rowing! Well see how this goes.

3 comments:

  1. Good work, Girl! I couldn't do it, but I wish I could. I am horrible at running and any cardio in general. I need to strengthen up that heart of mine for it!

    Hope your week goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to try rowing. My lower body is ridiculously weak, but I've got guns. Ah ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! How exciting! Congratulations on reaching your goal!

    ReplyDelete

I read these comments daily. Thank you for sharing :-)