Monday, November 23, 2009

My love affair- with food

I hope everyone had a great weekend (I know I did!)

Friday at 12:03 AM my roommates and I went and saw Twilight! I am on Team Edward in the books, but that Jacob in the movie is hard to pass up ;-)

After getting home at 3AM I had to wake up at 7AM and start my day! By the time I got home from work and ate dinner I was sleepy, so I met up with my friends at the hockey game and went back to my apartment after.. Lame sorry

Fully rested, I spent Sat. shopping all day with my Mom who came into the city to visit her favorite daughter :-) We ate "Linner" (Lunch/Dinner) at Bouchee on Newbury Street. The outside patio had heated lamps and it was pretty nice out anyway, so we enjoyed a long delicious french meal with many many amazzing courses including Chicken Hushwee and Crêpes Mascarpone. The Chicken Hushwee was the most moist and flavorful meat ever served on a bed of rice pilaf with pinenuts and almonds and a side of yogurt... confused? The yogurt thing threw me off too until I tasted it and realized it was greek yogurt and came in such a small dish because you dip the chicken in it and then dip the chicken/yogurt into the rice so it all sticks together and equals this crazy mix of YUM! The place was so authentic that the coke came in mini glass coke bottles, the whip creme on the crepes was real creme actually whipped, and with our dessert we were brought rich dark coffee straight from France... the waitress even had a thick accent!

Later Sat night I forgot all my European class from "Linner" and devoured an entire container of Ben & Jerrys Chocolate Fudge Brownie ice cream and ate the crust of Mr. A's pizza... O well :-) was also delicious!

For Sunday Brunch, Mr. A and I went to Thornton's where I got eggs Florentine with the most amazing pesto Parmesan sauce on a warm buttery English muffin with the yummiest hash browns on the side (according to Mr. A they had paprika which gave it the extra yummy kick). Brunch was so good that Mr. A told me today he is still in the best mood from yesterday :-)

All the great food and company this weekend has put me in the best mood to float through this short week! I highly recommend checking out both restaurants if you are ever in the area. Hopefully all the yumminess was just a warm up for good old Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lot of fun! I can't believe you made it to work at 7am!

    I heard 'linner' is the new brunch! You are so hip!

    ReplyDelete

I read these comments daily. Thank you for sharing :-)