Monday, July 20, 2009

Locked Up

I went home for the weekend to see my cousin who is visiting from South America.

The first night we hosted a Margarita night/ jewlery party (and earned $400 in jewlery credit!)

The second night we had a family night and played monopoly (I won) and I went to the basement to go to bed (my cousin got my old room) and I saw a grey/black thing fly/run past the stairs. I screamed and closed the door. My cousin opened the door trying to act macho oo yea I got this. Opens the door, screams, and closes the door. A bat was flying at him! Yup. We had a bat in our basement!!!

I had to sleep on the couch on the middle floor. In the morning, my dad googled how to catch a bat, got a box, saw the bat hanging upside down on our curtain (EW!) and trapped it in the box and released it outside.

I go back to Boston the next day, and my family woke up early Sunday to go to Worcester State for a Field Hockey tournament. My cousin stayed home to sleep. He was sleeping in the basement because it was cooler down there. I get a phone call from my mom around 6:30 PM. She accidentally locked my cousin in the basement ALL DAY LONG! No food no bathroom! Terrible.

2 comments:

  1. that's so sad that your cousin got locked in the basement all day! i'd be miserable! maybe that's how my dog feels when i leave home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. jajajaja oh maria :) i want to send a postcard and write in spanish. maybe they will adopt me and let me in the jewelery credit hmm...

    ReplyDelete

I read these comments daily. Thank you for sharing :-)