Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Unnecessary

Under my tree I found:
- Tall black suede boots
- Blush pumps
- Work clothes
- Jewelry
- Samantha Who? (the second and final season)
- A cookbook with "simple" recipes... we shall see about that

I picked everything out myself so it all fit and was missing any element of surprise, but oh well! I guess that is what happens as you get older...

Also, I have $100 credit to spend anywhere I please. Did anyone get anything amazing/ wish they got something that I could spend it on? Ideas please :-)

I have been spending some quality girl time catching up with old high school friends, but somehow every conversation ends back with boys. Really are we 12? The reason these girls cannot get boys/men off their minds is because of good old holiday break ups. Two of my closest friends were both left by their boys just before Christmas. They talked A LOT about themselves (which they deserve to do.. after a break up you need a friend to listen to you blab non stop about what a jerk he was and how you can do so much better and how he was getting fat anyway...)

After they had explored every woulda/shoulda/coulda... I was suddenly attacked.
"You have been dating Mr. A for 6 years... that is an eternity"
"You know some people get engaged after 6 months?"
"When are you planning on getting married?"

I do not think about the future... I think about today. Today I am happy. Isn't that enough? Today I am not ready to think about marriage. Today I just want to do dinner and a movie in my new heels.

I explained my "one day at a time" theory and they were shocked.
"But your parents got married at 23... if you arn't getting married what is the point?"

SERIOUSLY? Girls. We need to relax. This is EXACTLY why relationships fail. It is not just your boyfriend doing something stupid, but the father of your future children. If you fight, you are not just risking the date you were going on tomorrow, but also the Cape house where you two would eventually retire! Do relationships really need this added pressure? I think not.

Now, I think it should be said I am not against marriage at all. I think when you find that person it will feel right, and it will happen. What I do not believe in is forcing relationships to get there, just to be married.

*For the record, my parents got married after 9 years of dating! and Khloe Kardashian got married after 4 weeks! There are no rules :-P

"Que sera, sera. Whatever will be, will be. The future's not ours to see. Que sera, sera!"

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You couldn't have said it any better. I actually love your theory and will adapt it to my own life :) Thank you, I needed this!!

    ReplyDelete

I read these comments daily. Thank you for sharing :-)