Friday, December 11, 2009

Decaf Please

Since I last visited blog land, I have been dealing with the repercussions of my ulcer. Medication and doctors appointments... I have an endoscopy on Tuesday to find out what is wrong with me. They are putting me to sleep from 2:30PM-5:30PM while they stick a tube with a camera down my throat and look inside my stomach and pull biopsies to test my stomach wall.

The worst part about the endoscopy? It was a rushed appointment, so they had to "hard block" the time AKA making room for me when there wasn't any... which puts me at 2:30 which means I cannot eat ALL DAY until I get out at 5:30 all drugged up. The worst part about my ulcer? I have not had coffee since it happened! Yup, almost two weeks ago I had my final cup (not forever, just for now). Thankfully, the withdrawal headaches have stopped, and I have started slowing back into it by drinking caffinated tea, but I miss my warm black cup of heavenly coffee in all the assortment of flavors that Green Mountain, Starbucks, and Dunkin Donuts have to offer!

I did manage to sneak into Crate & Barrel to get some Christmas shopping started. That store is so festive :-) I also heard Ann Taylor calling my name with 40% any full priced item in store today! I got a $48 super soft cardigan for $28! WIN.

All I really want for Christmas... is a cup of coffee AND to be drinking it next to/ in a fireplace. Boston is 25 degrees today! That is Fahrenheit NOT Celsius!

3 comments:

  1. 25 degrees! Ouch! I can't stand being cold. I know how I am about my caffeine. It keeps me going, and I love it. :) I don't drink coffee though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck tomorrow. I hope everything goes well and you get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh... you poor thing. No coffee? Oh geez, good luck with your switch to tea.

    Happy Holidays,
    Christina
    Fabulous Finds Gal

    ReplyDelete

I read these comments daily. Thank you for sharing :-)